Costa Rica Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
We are pleased to announce the summer 2018 NSF-REU program: "ECOHYDROLOGY OF TROPICAL MONTANE FORESTS – DIVERSITY IN SCIENCE, INTERDISCIPLINARY BREADTH, AND GLOBAL AWARENESS". The goal of the Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) is to provide undergraduate students with an opportunity to develop essential skills in designing, executing and disseminating original research that quantifies the hydrologic and biogeochemical fluxes in the watershed of a tropical montane cloud forest.
Students have an opportunity to work on field and laboratory research under the guidance of faculty mentors at the newly constructed Texas A&M Soltis Center for Research and Education near San Isidro in central Costa Rica. Learn more about the program here, and also through previous students' perspectives here (blog), here (Facebook) and here (Flickr).
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN! CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR COSTA RICA-REU:
- Applications open: October 12, 2017 (NOW OPEN! - https://tamu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dcZlhp3nVWp1Tb7)
- Applications close: January 20, 2018
- Application reviews: February 1, 2018
- Acceptance notification: March 1, 2018
- First Day of REU Program: May 29, 2018
- Last Day of REU Program: August 3, 2018
- Periods in College Station, TX: May 29-June 9, 2018; July 16-August 3, 2018
- Periods in Costa Rica: June 10-July 15, 2018